Sunday, February 07, 2010

A Quick One

I really don't have much to write tonight, but I did not want to miss another week, so here I am dutifully typing away.

I had a rough night last night, filled with strange dreams that have thankfully faded away into the obscurity that comes with waking, but they left me with a feeling of worthlessness that was very hard to shake. I'm not sure if my dreams were influenced by our viewing of "Amadeus" last night, but I found myself feeling a bit like Salieri when he wondered why God would put the longing for music into his heart if it was not meant to be. I was feeling like the artist inside of me has been screaming to get out, but somehow never quite making it. Like I said, rough night, rough morning, not so bad this evening. (Now if only tomorrow was not Monday.)

On a completely different note, with the completion of the Super Bowl tonight I will have missed an entire season of football for the first time since I gave up watching football for the sake of marital peace with my ex. I went three years without watching a complete game at one point. Somehow, I have missed it more this time than before. Just another reminder of what a strange trip it has been for the last few months. In just three months, we will have been without television for an entire year. I never would have thought that possible for me, but sometimes life forces you to do what you thought impossible.

I think that's all for tonight. Melancholy seems to want to dominate my writing this evening and I refuse to let it, so I'll just let this suffice.

1 comment:

Geo said...

Oh, but it is meant to be. The music, I mean. It will come, even to us plod-along Mozart types.

What did you do instead of watching football last night?