Sunday, February 13, 2005

Tentatively Testing The Waters......Again

It has been almost five months since I took the time to write here. I think there has been some kind of subconscious correlation between this blog and being laid off from my job. I'm still unemployed and I have not had a lack of time to share thoughts here; I just haven't taken the time to do it. Now I find myself needing some kind of catharsis, some way of shouting at the universe, if you will, and I decided to write again.

Losing my job was not without a silver lining. For the first time since 1995, I spent Christmas with my kids. They are in Sweden and we usually only get summers together, but I have never been able to make an extra trip. This year I made it. I have also had the time to explore other interests and possible avenues for future employment. I have done some freelance writing for a small weekly paper and that has been both interesting and educational. So things have not been all bad.

But enough is enough and I really find I need to get back in the money-making mode. I'm at the point in my life where I have no real desire to settle for just anything. I have great hopes of finding that perfect job that quickly becomes a career I thoroughly enjoy. I am hoping for something that lets me write. I know that something must be out there for me.

So I am back writing here. Hopefully it will not be five months before I show up here again.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Thanks so much.