Saturday, May 30, 2009

Insomnia Strikes Again

Well, here I am up at 2AM again, so I thought, 'What a perfect time to contribute to my blog!' Never mind that what I write when I cannot sleep tends to make little sense when I look at it with more rested eyes. I figure my blog probably has a very limited audience ('Collecting Stray Thoughts, table for one.') so it really does not matter what my sleep deprived mind comes up with at times like these.

I don't have very much on my mind tonight, aside from wondering why I cannot sleep. I have been exploring different options in my search for gainful employment that would be a bit more fun and rewarding if I can manage to get anything going, but no real progress yet. I have learned in the last couple of days just how much banks can suck. I'm about ready to change mine. I have recently tried Facebook and have found a few people from high school that I have not spoken to since before I graduated almost 26 years ago. I still vacillate between feeling like I do have talent as a photographer and actually thinking of myself as an artist, and thinking that I am just another person taking snapshots (got to work on that self confidence a bit more). I have been frustrated by many of the inequities I perceive in the world around me and I wonder if there is anything I can do about any of them. I have found that after almost a month without television, I am finally not missing it as much as I thought I would. I was thinking I would really miss not seeing the Stanley Cup finals, but with a repeat of last year's finals, I'm not that worried about it. I'll just hope Pittsburgh beats the Red Wings this year, but I will not miss watching the whole thing if Detroit wins again (ho hum). I am getting more than a bit anxious about finding work. I have submitted many applications but have had no interviews to date.

I have been blessed to be of service the last couple of weeks to one of my wife's friends. I won't go into details here, but it has been a very trying time for her and we have been able to help out because I was home due to my current state of unemployment. I am glad that we have been able to help.

That's probably all for tonight (or is it for this morning?), but I'll be back talking to myself again soon. I realized that for someone who claims to love to write, I have been doing very little of it of late, especially here. If there is anyone out there who actually reads this, drop a quick comment to say hello. It might help me be a bit more regular if I feel like there may be someone out there reading this. A little incentive never hurt.

No comments: