Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Psychic I'm Not

It amazes me sometimes the kinds of people who expect you to be able to read their minds. I work in customer service and today I had a call from an individual who started off angry and then got more upset when I did not anticipate their every need. I got accused of providing bad customer service because I responded to what was asked for, not to what they really wanted. I also get calls where it is like pulling teeth to get at what the caller wants. It's not that they don't know what they want, they just seem to want you to drag it out of them. It can get quite challenging, not to mention rather draining. There is nothing quite like being yelled at for something that is not your fault to make you want to get up and walk away, but I don't. After all, it's my job.

For those wondering, the answer is no, I did not get up and exercise. I did not sleep well so I stayed in bed as long as possible. I'll try again tomorrow (and no Yoda quotes please).


No comments: