Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday

It's Thursday night and I feel like I have gone a couple rounds with a boxer. This week has been a banner week for irate people at work, including today, and I cannot wait for the day to end tomorrow so I can relax a bit for the weekend. I'm tired of being a convenient target. It make for very long days. Here's hoping tomorrow is angry caller free.

I've been thinking about my birthday a lot lately. I don't know what it is about turning 47 that bothers me, but it does. None of the others have bothered me, but this one does. I think some of it may be the fact that I am in a bit of a dead end job with no other prospects at the moment. I don't know for sure. All I know is that I am not looking forward to it much.

I am 11 days into August and I have been questioning the quality of some of my posts. Admittedly, I have done a couple that have been 100% pure, USDA prime filler. I find myself questioning how successful this experiment will be if I just write drivel all month long. As a result, I am going to focus my efforts and write something worth writing. There will still be days when work wears my brain down to a stub and I say little, but I'm determined that there will be far fewer in the final 20 days than there have been so far.

Here's a parting shot from Zion National Park. It was a bit hazy that morning, but I still like the result. I hope everyone enjoys it.


No comments: