Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Night Before

Tomorrow is the big day; we are off to Capitol Reef. I am trying to keep my expectations low for this trip because Merilee's foot is still bothering her so she will not be hiking. It obviously follows that any hiking I do will be the solo variety. I have been looking forward to this trip for awhile now, but now that it is tomorrow, I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for it. I'm sure it's just because I am tired and it has been a very long day. It's weird because I usually love to drive and I am not looking forward to this drive at all. I'm not looking forward to setting up the tent either. I know that once I get on my way, this will all likely change, but right now I could just sleep for five days and call it good. The most important thing here is that I am not at work.

I'll try to say something quick before leaving in the morning, but I don't think I'll be posting while I am gone as there is no cell reception and not internet access. Nothing wrong with that, though. I would rather be in Capitol Reef National Park and break my string of blog entries than keep the streak alive and not go camping. Still, who knows?

No comments: