Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

So another weekend comes to a close, Fortunately, I only have two days of work this week, so I will soon move into a very much needed break. Capitol Reef is still on right now and I don't think I will be able to blog while I am gone. That means that I will miss, at the very least, Thursday through Saturday. I may get something posted before I leave on Wednesday, but chances are I'll forget in the rush of final packing and getting onto the road. If I can find a way to do it, I'll post updates during our trip, but the most likely scenario is that I'll share some photos when I get back.

I actually almost missed tonight as well. We had been up at my parents where I grilled burgers and hot dogs while inhaling mass quantities of hickory smoke. I also made dutch oven potatoes and they turned out great. I don't make them very often because they have enough bacon in them that they are not extremely healthy, but they sure are tasty and my family seems to love them. My day actually came out and visited with Merilee and I as I grilled and that was quite nice. We talked a bit about BYU's meltdown last night against Utah among other things. It was really nice to have him come out and talk with us.

Tomorrow we will have to do some shopping after work to get the last few things we need for the trip so we can start getting things organized. It will be so nice to be away for awhile. I really need the time out in nature to help recharge personal batteries that are running dangerously low. We took a quick trip up into the mountains today and I realized just how much I have needed to get out into the wild. It has been hard with Merilee's foot bothering her because we have not been able to go hiking like we had been doing. It will not be as much fun to be hiking without her, but it is something that I really need right now.

No comments: