Saturday, September 17, 2011

Busy Saturday

Today we spent most of the day running errands. We started off with a trip to the book sale at the Springville Library. I may have mentioned before that books are a big addiction for me, so it can be dangerous to go to these sales, but I have so much fun when I go. I managed to restrain myself this morning, mainly because there really wasn't much to look at. I did have one major score, though. I found a copy of Approaching Zion by Hugh Nibley for....(drum roll)....a whole 50 cents. Brand new, the book is $50 and I got it for 99% off. It does have a few problems, as many previously loved books do, but I did not hesitate when I saw it. Today's sale only set me back $2.25, though the remaining finds really aren't worth mentioning (but I like them).

Other errands made up much of the rest of the day, but we made it home before having to deal with the insane traffic that happens on game day. Yes, it's the big BYU-Utah game here in Provo tonight. It may be heresy to say so, but this year I really don't care what happens. This is one rivalry that has gotten way too ugly (and I am talking about the fans on both sides) of late and I am tired of it. When Utah ran away to the PAC 12, I hoped that would be the end of the whole thing, but no, they figured out a way to string it along. So go BYU, and take Utah with you because so many of you have forgotten one simple thing....IT'S ONLY A GAME!

Tomorrow morning, barring unexpected morning cloudiness, Merilee and I are going to head up into the mountains for a bit of a drive. I have a photography project I plan on starting and I want to see how the colours are coming along. I have noticed reds and yellows up on Y Mountain and I suspect they are getting a good start in the higher country as well. I thoroughly enjoy Autumn and the beauty of the trees preparing for their winter nap. They can be a challenge to photograph, but I do so love the challenge. Also, there is always the chance of spotting the odd moose or a few wild turkeys, though deer are definitely much more common. I'll be sure to post some photos here if I get any really good ones, especially if I manage to see any moose.

Now I think I'll head to bed. I only got about 5 hours sleep last night due to a very minor bout with insomnia, so I am hoping to get more rest tonight. Tomorrow evening we head up to my parents' place for our monthly family gathering. It's going to be a barbeque, so I am forced (OK, strongly encourage) to make my dutch oven potatoes. On top of that, I'll be doing the grilling (I always seem to at the barbeques), so I'll come home smelling of the grill. It could be worse.

No comments: