Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cool Canyon Air

Tonight we took a short drive up to the Squaw Peak Overlook and I was surprised at how quickly the air got cooler as the road climbed up. I expected it to be a bit cooler, but this was really nice, cool air. I wanted to get out of the car and wander along a trail, just breathing the air in and enjoying being outdoors, but Merilee's ankle is still not up hiking. We had to be satisfied with a drive tonight. It was a reminder that Autumn is not far away and soon the tree will begin to put on their colours.

The cool air was also a reminder of just how fast the year is passing. It is hard to believe that we are almost 2/3 of the way through 2011. I haven't looked at the goals I set back in January, so it is probably safe to say that I may not being doing so well on some of them. I'll have to take a peek at those some time this week.

I'm really struggling to come up with anything to say tonight. It has just been one of those days. Maybe I'll feel more talkative tomorrow.

No comments: