Sunday, August 14, 2011

Two Weeks....So Far, So Good

I'm sad to see another weekend draw to a close. It has been an interesting day. I scanned some of the first photos I ever took of Arches for my book. I had forgotten how much I like some of those early photos and they brought back some great memories. I even found a picture of Wall Arch which collapsed not long ago. It's not great, but it's cool to have. It is also great to have a quicker way to scan photos. My old flat bed scanner took such a long time. I can do four photos at higher dpi in the same amount of time as it used to take for one.

This entry marks the end of the second week and I have not missed a day yet. Only 17 days to go. I am looking forward to the end of August because it means that the fall is that much closer. I am grateful that this summer has not been quite as hot as summers past, but I look forward to cooler days.

Yesterday we went on the Alpine Loop for a bit. Our main reason was to buy a new National Parks Pass, but it was interesting to see how much snow remains on the back side of Timp. From the looks of it, the trail up from Aspen Grove may very well still require walking over snow. I can only imagine what it looks like up at the top. I hope to get the chance to hike part of the trail before the snow flies again, but Merilee's ankle is still bothering her, so we'll have to see. I am excited to see how colourful the leaves get this Autumn.

It's getting late and I do have to work tomorrow, so I'll so farewell until tomorrow.

No comments: