Friday, August 05, 2011

A Few Random Thoughts

Tony Blair once said something to the effect that it is sometimes better to lose and be right than to win and be wrong. Just a thought in light of recent events in Washington. Thus ends the political commentary here.

I found out today that my sick day on Wednesday is going to be unpaid, even though I still have unscheduled time off. It seems to me that our PTO policy at work needs a little work. It seems it is set up to make it almost impossible to take a proper vacation should one so choose. Oh well. Not much I can do about it.

Speaking of work, my lifeline may have been cut. Without going into too many details, I was set to change responsibilities somewhat on October 17. I was looking forward to this change very much because I would be losing many of the responsibilities that make my job so difficult for me sometimes. That change has now been pushed back until April of 2012. Though it looks like some changes will still occur in October, it was unclear if I will lose the parts I don't like so much. Now I'll have to wait and see.

My leg is getting better, slowly. It is still swollen and warm to the touch, but it doesn't hurt much at all and I can walk around with only very minor discomfort. Thanks go out to my mom, who put together an herbal mixture that has been very helpful in the past; my sister, who drove her down to Provo to bring it to me; and my wife, who has been putting it in to capsules. I am extremely grateful to them all.

With that said, I should really get my leg up; meaning it's time to head off to bed. I'll like read awhile because I am not yet tired, but my leg could use the rest. With tomorrow being Saturday, I hope to write something longer. Five down, 26 more to go.


No comments: