Sunday, August 28, 2011

Family Sunday

Tonight we spent the evening up with my family up at my parents' house. We do this once a month and it can be quite the event. My mom usually comes up with a theme and everyone brings something. Tonight is was more casual with no real theme. I spent about 90 minutes making a steady stream of quesadillas (my nephew alone ate four with shredded beef). It meant that I spent more time cooking than visiting, but it took a load off my mom. It was a fun night, though not everyone was there this month.

During the drive home, we were treated to quite the fireworks show my mother nature. The lighting in the south end of Utah Valley was quite spectacular. I haven't heard any thunder yet, so I don't know if it is heading this direction or not. It has been awhile since I have seen such strong lightning. It brought to mind the storms that we would sometimes get in North Carolina when I lived there. I would go out at night and watch the lightning dance from cloud to cloud, purple and blue and green and yellow. It always fascinated me to watch it.

Tomorrow morning it's back to work. At least this week I have a long weekend to look forward to. I am hoping it is not quite as draining as the last couple of weeks have been. I am hoping for a good night's sleep tonight. Last night the power went out and I was so concerned about possibly losing thing in the fridge that I could not fall asleep. The power finally returned at about 1:30AM, only to go off again for about 30 minutes. I finally fell asleep some time after 2AM, so I am rather tires tonight and hoping for some sleep. Work seems so much longer when I have not had enough sleep.

Only three more days and I will have succeeded in an entire month of entries. I'll be going for two in a row in September. I think this will soon be a habit. Good night.

1 comment:

Geo said...

I think my comment got eaten. Just in case, here it is again:

Two in a row! Woot!